In the shadow of the Polish Moon!
1801 S. 3rd St.
Milwaukee, WI 53204
Just 3 blocks south of the Allen Bradley Clock Tower on 3rd & Maple.
The clock has been called
"The Polish Moon" referring to the historically Polish neighborhood
in which it is based
(see St. Stanislaus Catholic Church history). In recent years it has also been called the "Mexican Moon," reflecting the change in the area's ethnic composition (though both ethnicities have presences). Its lighted faces have been used as a navigation aid for Lake Michigan mariners over the years, except during the 1973 oil crisis when the clock was unlit from November 1973 to June 1974.